The most exciting thing about coming to study in Barcelona is, once you have chosen the university in which you are going to do your university studies, plan the trip, look at the tourist guides to know what you can not miss, look for accommodation ... But you must know that there are administrative procedures that are also necessary and that you will have to carry out, such as getting your student visa.
To study in Spain as a foreign student, you must apply for a study visa. The requirements vary according to the duration of your course in Barcelona.
If you are going to study a master's degree, a Spanish course or another type of courses of 3 months or less, you are in luck, since in Spain you do not need to apply for a study visa.
However, those studies with a duration of between 6 and 12 months, you must apply for the visa at the embassy or consulate of Spain in your country. This measure does not apply to students of the European Union.
These are the documents you need to apply for the visa:
- Visa application letter
- Passport with a minimum validity for the entire period for which the visa is requested.
- Letter of admission of the educational center, public or private, officially recognized where the studies will be carried out.
- Content of the curriculum, training or research that will be carried out.
- Medical insurance that covers possible medical expenses during the time of your study stay, in addition to repatriation associated with an accident or sudden illness.
- Medical certificate of good health
- To have guaranteed the necessary economic means to cover the cost of the studies, as well as the expenses of the stay and return to the country of origin.
- If you are of legal age, you must also submit a certificate of criminal record, or equivalent document issued by the authorities of the country of origin, which must not contain convictions for existing crimes in the Spanish legal system.